Five years ago, vision became reality as Denise Cowburn-Levy realised her dream of opening up her magnificent home in Fresnaye for interactive cooking courses, as well as corporate and private events.
The response was amazing and exceeded all expectation. Thousands of guests have enjoyed the Ginger & Lime experience, eagerly awaiting the next schedule of courses.
The family home is also known as “The Peppermint Palace” due to the pale green façade, and it is an incredibly versatile venue offering a blank canvas that lends itself to create many styles of events. The home has that old-world, glamorous charm from a bygone era. It is a place where people feel welcomed and at home, giving them the freedom to express their love and passion for food.
- A state of the art, modern professional Ginger & Lime kitchen, which seats 20 people, for demo style and interactive cooking events.
- The kitchen leads onto a stately elegant dining room with a long table, crystal chandeliers and candlelight, for up to 24 people for sit down special occasions, or can be used as a private boardroom for confidential meetings.
- Doors open out onto the covered outdoor terrace which has a long wooden table that seats 22 people.
- There is an uncovered terrace overlooking the pool area which can be used for cocktails or further seating areas, as well as the popular “Gourmet Braai” events.
- The entrance area, either indoor or outdoor weather dependent, is great for a bar service and welcome drinks
"I had no idea where we were headed, but I just knew this was something I had to do. The kitchen has always been the heart of our family home, as something very special happens here when family and friends come together and share in the preparation and eating of fabulous food. I wanted to share this magic with other people who feel the same way as we do about food.”
- Denise Cowburn-Levy